November 2, 2020
We want to help you get started toward your goals, so we’ve put together a list of ways that can help you meet, and possibly exceed, your financial dreams.
- Let yourself dream! What do you want to achieve in the next month, in the next year, even in the next decade? Don’t think small. You never know what you can achieve if you use your imagination.
- Write down your goal. Research has shown that people are more likely to achieve goals when they write them down. This can be as simple as a Post-it®, or as intricate as a vision board. Need some inspiration? YouTube has videos on all types of boards. Pinterest is a great go-to for inspiration and templates, too.
- Learn about options available to achieve your goals. Simple savings accounts are just the beginning, and great for short term goals, and you can set one up quickly online. You can also sign up for Simply Save, which rounds up your purchases, and deposits those round ups into the account of your choice, or applies them to a loan.1
- Set up a system. Determine how much you need to save each month and set up an automated transfer to your account on the dates that makes most sense for you.
- Don’t forget to reward yourself! Set up milestones for achievements along the way. Once you reach a milestone, treat yourself to a favorite beverage, quiet time with a book, or both!
Dream big, write it down, set up a system, and don’t forget to reward yourself – you’ll be on your way to a better way of life and reaching your financial dreams. For more inspiration check out our online classes on saving for your future.
1 The Gate City Bank checking account that the round up comes from must be enrolled in electronic statements to be able to transfer funds.
Read More Articles