What To Expect During a Home Appraisal
- Your mortgage lender will request an appraisal through an online tool.
- Our Appraisal & Evaluation team will assign an independent qualified state licensed/certified appraiser for your property.
- The appraiser will communicate directly with either the current property owner or the listing real estate agent to schedule the appraisal inspection.
- The appraiser will examine and photograph the following to create an appraisal report:
- Exterior of the home and other site improvements, such as detached garages, shops, decks and patios.
- Interior of the home, including living areas, bedrooms, baths and other areas, as appropriate.
- Overall quality and condition of the construction or renovation improvements.
- Any necessary repairs identified.
- Once the appraisal report is submitted, you will receive an email from the online tool with a link to view the report electronically. If you prefer to receive a physical copy, please put in a request with your mortgage lender.
- The Appraisal & Evaluation and Underwriting teams will review the appraisal, and your mortgage lender will contact you with any additional information needed to complete the appraisal.
If you have questions or concerns regarding your appraisal report, please visit with your mortgage lender.