What happens during a home appraisal?
- Your mortgage lender will request an appraisal through the Appraisal Firewall tool.
- Our Appraisal & Evaluation department assigns an independent qualified state licensed/certified appraiser for your property.
- The appraiser will communicate directly with either the current property owner or the listing real estate agent to schedule the appraisal inspection.
- The appraiser will examine and photograph the following to create an appraisal report:
- Exterior of the home and other site improvements such as detached garages, shops, deck, etc.
- Interior of the home including living areas, bedrooms, baths, and other areas as appropriate.
- Overall quality and condition of the construction or renovation improvements.
- Any necessary repairs identified.
- When the appraisal report is submitted you will receive an email from the Appraisal Firewall tool with a link to view the report electronically. If you prefer a physical copy, please request from your mortgage lender.
- Our underwriting team will review and verify the appraisal report.
- The Appraisal & Evaluation department will review the appraisal if found to have possible concerns or deficiencies. Your mortgage lender will contact you with any additional information needed to complete the appraisal.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the appraisal report, please contact your mortgage lender.