Freeze Your Card. Keep Your Cool.
Whatever the conditions, it’s easy to freeze your Gate City Bank debit card anytime if it’s lost, stolen or misplaced – all right from your mobile app. Plus, you can set spending limits, monitor activity on your card, receive transaction alerts and more!
Within the “Set Card Controls” menu, you can block purchases for a specific debit card based on:
- Merchant Type
- Transaction Type
- Location Type
- Spending Limits
Merchant Type: Control transactions for department stores, entertainment, gas stations, groceries, household, personal care, restaurants and travel.
Transaction Type: Set controls when an ATM, online, in-store and mail/phone order transaction is attempted.
Location Type: Block international transactions or purchases attempted outside of the region radius you set on your debit card.
Transaction Amount Limit: Set limits to decline transactions over a specific dollar amount. For example, if you set a $50 transaction limit for your debit card, purchases higher than $50 cannot be completed.
No, there is no charge for this service! Please note, if you choose to receive text alerts through debit card controls, your carrier's messaging and data rates may apply.
Yes! All eligible cards on your accounts will be available for debit card controls through online banking or our mobile app by navigating to the “Control Debit Cards” screen.
Whether you’re adding or removing a block or limit on your account, debit card control changes are effective immediately.
How to Get Started
It’s simple! All you need to get started is a Gate City Bank debit card.
Log into online banking or your Gate City Bank mobile app,* and navigate to the "Control Debit Cards" menu option, then "Block Card."
- Real-time alerts keep you informed when your cards are used.
- Transaction controls allow your card to work only in specific locations or geographic areas.
- When you freeze your card, no withdrawals or purchases will be approved. (If you’ve simply misplaced your card and find it again, you can unfreeze it instantly from your app.)
- Set spending limits for general use, or specify thresholds by merchant types, such as gas, groceries or retail stores.
- Establish controls by location, and change parameters via your mobile device.
Mobile Check Deposit
Snap. Deposit. Done. It’s easy to deposit checks anytime, anywhere! To get started, log into your Gate City Bank mobile app and look for "Mobile Deposit" in the bottom navigation.