FAQ - Business Online Banking Questions
To apply, please contact us.
After the application is submitted, please allow 3 business days for processing. A welcome packet will be mailed to your Company Administrator with their ID and password.
Note: Please allow 7 business days for ACH or Remote Deposit Capture approval.
Gate City Bank will provide a user guide for Online Business Banking Premier. Training will depend on the location and the needs of the business.
Please contact us for the current schedule of charges
Online Business Banking Premier
With Online Business Banking Premier, you can enjoy enhanced services that can help you manage your company’s finances easier.
- Pay bills using Online Bill Pay
- Process sweeps
- Conduct wire transfers**
- Export account information using WebConnect for QuickBooks
- Deposit paper checks electronically with Remote Deposit Capture**
- Reconcile your account easily with Account Reconciliation** and Positive Pay Services**
- Utilize ACH Origination** for direct deposit and direct payment options
- Check account balances
- View account history
- FREE* Online Statements for deposit accounts
- View paid items
- Make loan payments
- Transfer money between Gate City Bank accounts
- Schedule automatic transfers
- Set up account balance notifications
Unlimited - A business can set up 1 user or 1000 users.
Does Online Business Banking Premier login information include any "personal" info such as name, account number, social security number, etc.?
No. Gate City Bank defines the Company ID, and no personal information is required by Online Business Banking Premier to log in.
- WebConnect for QuickBooks (.qbo) - Online Business Banking Premier only
- QuickBooks (.iif)
- Quicken/Money (.qif)
- Comma Delimited (.csv)
When a user submits a stop payment request, the request comes to Gate City Bank. Stop payments will be processed between the hours of 9:00 am (CT) and 5:00 pm (CT).
The "View Stop Payment Activity" function allows the business to view stop payments transaction status.
- Unprocessed - Request has been sent to Gate City Bank and is awaiting action.
- Processing - Gate City Bank has received the request and is in the process of completing the request.
- Completed - Gate City Bank has completed the user's request.
- Declined - Gate City Bank is unable to complete the user's request.
A batch is what the business creates to send ACH transactions into the ACH network. A batch is a group of records considered as a single unit for the purpose of data processing. The business creates a batch that will have required information to send an ACH transaction. Each batch will contain an effective date for the transactions, the business name, the account numbers, dollar amounts, customer names and routing numbers for the individual transactions.
Online Business Banking does not allow same business day effective dates because you can't create a same day ACH transaction. According to NACHA rules, a transaction can not be entered into the ACH network until the effective date is within one business day for debits or within two business days for credits.
However, the business can initiate their batch prior to these restrictions. Gate City Bank has a system that will warehouse the batches created by the business until the effective date is within the NACHA guidelines. We recommend initiating your ACH batch at least two business days before the effective date.
Gate City Bank currently has set ACH batch cutoff time to 4:00pm (CT).
The business can submit a request to Gate City Bank. Depending on the circumstances, a transaction or an entire batch may or may not be able to be reversed.
The debit or credit for the batch total will be posted to the business's account on the effective date of the ACH batch.
Online Business Banking Premier verifies the ABA number against a database of valid ABA numbers that is updated regularly.
Gate City Bank currently has set the wire cutoff time to 2:00pm (CT).
This is an example of a balance alert: The balance in your Certificate Of Deposit account is currently above $50.00