FAQ - Mobile App Questions
The Gate City Bank Mobile Banking App is a service that enables you to access your account information, transfer funds, and pay your bills from an iOS or Android mobile device with Internet access from either a WIFI source or 3G, 4G or EDGE networks.
First, you must download our Mobile App from the iTunes App Store or Google Play Store for Android. You can do this either from your mobile device or computer. If you do access our Mobile App from your computer, the App will install on your mobile device the next time the device is plugged in to the computer or synced.
Once you download the App, you log in with the same username and password that you use for Online Banking. No separate or different registration is required. Once logged in, you can:
- Access Your Accounts – you can view account balances and account history.
- Pay Bills – you must first register for Online Bill Pay and set up your payees/billers on a computer before paying bills through our Mobile App.
- Make Transfers – you can transfer between your accounts or to another Gate City Bank customer.
- Find an ATM/Office – you can use the App to locate the Gate City Bank office or ATM nearest to your location.
- Message Center - you can contact us quickly right from the App.
- Deposit Checks – you can electronically deposit checks from your iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android™ tablet (must have a rear-facing camera of at least 1 megapixel) using the Gate City Bank Mobile App.
- Popmoney - you can make person-to-person payments
The Gate City Bank Mobile App is currently available to all Online Banking users who own an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad device or an Android mobile device with access to 3G, 4G, EDGE or WIFI.
Yes. You will need to log in to the Gate City Bank Mobile App from your mobile device using the same login information you would for Online Banking. No separate Mobile App sign‐up is required. Once logged in, you can enable Fingerprint Access or Face ID, if your device supports it.
Yes. To protect your privacy, you are required to authenticate yourself on each individual mobile device using the same login information from Online Banking. All communication between your mobile device and the mobile banking server is encrypted. In addition, your password and account information are never stored on the mobile device.
Checking accounts, Savings accounts, and Certificate of Deposit (CD) accounts will have one year of history. Loan accounts will have at least 18 months of history.
Tap on an account to view the Recent Transactions section, which displays 60 days of transactions. Tap Get More to return an additional 90 days or up to 100 transactions. A maximum of 120 days or 100 transactions can be displayed. Navigate to Accounts > Account History screen for full search options and all transactions available.
You can transfer between your accounts or another Gate City Bank customer's accounts. From the menu, select Transfers, then Make a Transfer where you can make an Immediate, Future-Dated (one time), or Recurring transfer.
Yes, simply select Bill Pay from the bottom menu. Review and accept the terms and conditions, then you are ready to go!
You are able to add a new bill pay payee from the iPhone or Android phone Mobile App. On the menu, tap Bill Pay/Popmoney then Manage Contacts. Tap Add a new contact and enter the name of the company you would like to pay then tap next. If the next page displays a list of companies, select the one which matches your payee, or tap the plus sign to "Add New (company name)." You may need to select to add the payee as a company or person.
- Tap Bill Pay from the bottom menu
- Tap Pay Bills
- Tap the + icon to add a new biller
- Enter the company name and tap Next
- Review the list of companies to select your payee or tap the + icon to "Add New (company name)"
- Add the payee as a company or person if applicable
- Add your account number, zip code and an option Nickname
- If the account number matched the expected format, your contact will be added and you will be able to send funds electronically
- If the account number is not able to be confirmed, you will be asked to provide an address where the payment can be mailed
- Tap Bill Pay from the bottom menu
- Tap Pay Bills
- Select your biller or tap the + icon to add a new biller
- Choose your Pay From account, enter the dollar amount, and select a Delivery By date
- Tap Pay. You will see a confirmation screen with a confirmation number for your payment
Select Bill Pay from the bottom menu, then Payment Activity to view your pending payments.
Yes. Just select Bill Pay from the bottom menu, then Payment Activity. Select the payment you would like to remove then click Cancel Payment and confirm you would like the cancel the payment.
Click the menu button, then Contact Us to Call Us. You can also send us a message by tapping Messages under Contact Us in the menu. Complete the form and click Send at the bottom of the page. For help regarding your mobile device and/or wireless Internet connectivity, contact your wireless provider.
Ten minutes is the only timeout option. For your security and protection, when there has been no account activity for ten minutes, the session times out and the Gate City Bank Mobile App login page displays with a "Session Expired" message.
When you're ready to log out, select the menu, then tap the "Log Out" button and you will exit the Gate City Bank Mobile App. This will return you to the Login screen.
For the Gate City Bank Mobile App to work, you must have a mobile device with access to the 3G, 4G, EDGE or WIFI networks.