FAQ - Mobile Wallet Questions
Mobile wallet is a convenient way to carry your Gate City Bank Debit Card information in digital form on your mobile device (smart phone, tablet, watch). Once cards are digitally stored and secured within the mobile device, users may use the mobile device for transactions anywhere they are accepted.
- Mobile wallet transactions are more secure than using a plastic card. Each transaction requires the user to authenticate with either Face ID, Touch ID, fingerprint, or a passcode.
- Card details are never provided to the merchant, so the token can never be tied back to the cardholder or the cardholder's personal account information.
- When a mobile device is used for purchases, the merchant will send a secure unique code through the network and route the transaction to Gate City Bank.
Mobile Wallet transactions may be used in stores, within apps, or on the web. For in-person transactions (e.g., in a store), follow these instructions:
- Open the mobile wallet app and authenticate the transaction by using one of the authentication capabilities compatible with the mobile device:
- facial recognition
- resting your finger on the fingerprint ID scanner
- entering the passcode used to secure the device
- Tap the phone to the card reader (Apple Pay/Google Pay/Samsung Pay) or hold the top of the phone a few centimeters beside the magnetic stripe reader. When the transaction is complete, your mobile device will display "Done" and a checkmark will display on the device.