Quantcast Pixel
Skip to Main Content

Flood Insurance

Flood Insurance

Floods are among the nation’s most common natural disasters, but homeowner insurance policies will not cover damage deemed to be caused by a flood. Gate City Insurance Agency can help protect your investment with a flood insurance policy.

Flood insurance is provided by either the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) or private insurance companies. Coverage under the NFIP is administered by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and underwritten by the federal government. Coverage through private insurance companies is administered and underwritten by the insurance company.

If you would like to speak with an insurance advisor with Gate City Insurance Agency to learn more, please call 701-293-2575.

  1. Does my home insurance policy cover flood damage?
  2. What does flood insurance cover?
  3. Am I required to have flood insurance?
  4. Can I purchase flood insurance if I am not in a high-risk flood zone?
  5. How soon after purchase does my policy take effect?
  6. How can I learn more about flood insurance?
Not a DepositNot Insured by the FDIC or Any Federal Government AgencyNot Guaranteed by Gate City BankMay Lose Value