Can I purchase flood insurance if I’m not in a high-risk flood zone?

In most cases, yes! You can purchase flood insurance for your property, but eligibility depends on the community where you live. Our advisors would be happy to help you learn more about your options.

Related Questions

Great question! There is often a 30-day waiting period after purchase before coverage takes effect.

If you’re in a high-risk flood zone, your mortgage loan would most likely require flood insurance.

Great question! A flood insurance policy can cover a building, its contents or both. These coverages are indicated in your individual insurance policy declarations, and there may be exclusions and limitations within a flood insurance policy.

No, but by working with our expert advisors, we can help you get the coverage you need.

If you decide to change insurance companies, you must let your old insurance carrier know that your policy needs to be canceled. You should also notify us that you’re switching insurance companies or have your agent call us with the new information. When this information is received, we’ll update your file. If you escrow for insurance, we’ll make sure your new policy is paid for. You can contact us at 877-243-0827.

See also: What should I do with my refund check from my canceled homeowner’s insurance policy? 

Products and services offered through Gate City Insurance Agency are:

Not a Deposit Not Insured by the FDIC or Any Federal Government Agency Not Guaranteed by Gate City Bank May Lose Value