Gate City Bank has a strong commitment to protecting the confidentiality of our customers' personal financial information including name, address, email, and telephone and/or account numbers. We believe it is helpful to understand how this commitment is applied as Gate City Bank collects, uses, shares and protects your personal information when you visit us online.
- DIGITAL PRIVACY STATEMENT . This Section I applies to information collected through this website, or "site" and Gate City Bank's mobile app. Last Updated May 2019.
Gate City Bank and its vendors who assist us in operating our business may engage various technologies to collect information, including:
- Cookies: Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on your device. Cookies provide information that is used for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively and to personalize/customize your online experience. You can choose to block these cookies as most devices and browsers offer their own privacy settings. Doing so, however, may result in diminished performance on our site.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to your device by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically whenever a user visits the site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. This information is used to calculate usage levels, diagnose server problems and for compliance, security and administration purposes.
Behavioral Advertising Opt Out. If you do not wish to participate in history/behavioral tracking to provide tailored content and advertising you may opt-out by visiting:Affiliates and Successors. We may share any and all information collected through this website to our current and future affiliates and to any successor entity in the event of a merger, sale of the business, sale of assets, change of control, or similar transaction.
Protecting Your Children.
Our website is not targeted or marketed to children under the age of thirteen. We respect the privacy of your children, and we comply with the practices established under the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act. We do not knowingly collect or retain personally identifiable information from consumers under the age of thirteen. If you believe we have collected identifiable information directly from a website (child) user less than 13 years who was using this website please contact us and we will take appropriate measures.
"Do Not Track" Disclosure.
Certain web browsers and/or computers include a "Do Not Track" setting. Gate City Bank does not search for or respond to such Do Not Track signals and settings.
Updates to this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice is subject to change. Please review it periodically. If we make changes to the Online Privacy Notice, we will revise the "Last Updated" date at the top of this Notice. Any changes to this Notice will become effective when we post the revised Notice on the Site. Your use of the Site following these changes means that you accept the revised Notice.
Security. We use a variety of physical, administrative, and electronic security features to protect your information. However no organization can guarantee perfect security. We are not liable or responsible for the criminal actions of unrelated third parties.
|FACTS||What Does Gate City Bank Do With Your Personal Information?|
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and account balances
- Account transactions and checking account information
- Payment history and mortgage rates and payments
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share customers' personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers' personal information; the reasons Gate City Bank chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
Reasons we share data
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does Gate City Bank share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
For our everyday business purposes -
such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
For our marketing purposes -
to offer our products and services to you
For joint marketing with other financial companies
For our affiliates' everyday business purposes -
information about your transactions and experiences
For our affiliates' everyday business purposes -
information about your creditworthiness
We don't share
For our affiliates to market to you
For our non affiliates to market to you
We don't share
To limit our sharing
|To limit our sharing|
If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we provide this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
Who we are
|Who we are|
|Who is providing this notice?|
Gate City Bank
What we do
|What we do|
|How does Gate City Bank protect my personal information?|
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
|How does Gate City Bank collect my personal information?|
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- Open an account or apply for a loan
- Make deposits or withdrawals from your account
- Use your credit card or debit card or give us your contact information
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
|Why can't I limit all sharing?|
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- Sharing for affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
|What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?|
Your choices will apply individually unless you tell us otherwise. Any account holder may express a privacy preference on behalf of the other joint account holders.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non financial companies. Our affiliates include financial companies with Gate City in their name such as:
- Gate City Insurance Agency, LLC.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
- Non affiliates we share with can include service providers that provide printing and mailing services in connection with our marketing to you.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Gate City Bank may work with certain nonaffiliated companies to provide additional products and services such as insurance and investments.