Giving Hearts Day is February 13, 2020, but you can start being a Giving Heart today! Take a moment to recognize the work of charities and the people who support them by posting a photo on social media using the hashtags #countme and #givingheartsday, and by giving back through your time, talent and treasure.
This year, Gate City Bank is donating more than $250,000 to your favorite Giving Hearts Day Charities!
Part of our commitment includes $75,000 donated to charities decided by those who participated in our annual Giving Hearts Day contest! This year's nomination period has ended, but the 30 lucky winners of a $2,500 gift from Gate City Bank will be announced soon. Thank you to everyone who nominated your favorite charities. Tune in February 13th for more Giving Hearts Day fun!
Winners of our 2020 Giving Hearts Day contest will be announced soon!
And here are more ways we are giving back this Giving Hearts Day:
- Our team members are volunteering for their favorite Giving Hearts Day charities and Gate City Bank is matching their volunteer time with a donation to the charity!
- Each team members' donation will be matched on Giving Hearts Day!
- Check out more fun surprises from Gate City Bank on Giving Hearts Day!
In 2019, Gate City Bank gave $75,000 to charities throughout the region. Of the over 400 Giving Hearts Day charities that were nominated by the over 100,000 nominations, thirty were given $2,500 gifts from Gate City Bank on Giving Hearts Day.
The winning charities are listed below:
- 4 Luv of Dog
- A Place to Belong
- Best Friends Mentoring Program
- Bismarck Mandan Mentor Squad
- Cat's Cradle Shelter
- CCRI, Inc
- Centre Inc – Project HART
- CHI Friendship
- Cru Northern Plains Campus
- Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch
- Devils Lake Public Schools Development Fund
- Diamond in the Ruff
- Fargo Invaders
- First Care Health Center
- Freedom Resource Center
- Furry Friends Rockin' Rescue
- Jacobson Memorial Hospital Foundation
- Jamestown Gymnastics Club
- Lend A Hand Up
- Minot Youth for Christ
- Our Redeemer's Christian School
- Park Christian School
- Rape and Abuse Crisis Center of Fargo-Moorhead
- Riverside Christian School
- Sacred Heart Benedictine Foundation
- Service Dogs for America
- Southeast Senior Services
- The GOD'S CHILD Project
- Turtle Mountain Animal Rescue
- Williston Trinity Christian School
In addition to these 30 contest winners, Gate City Bank also gave away $40,000 to four lucky charities on Giving Hearts Day! This year's recipients of the Gate City Bank Giving Hearts Day boosts were:
- The Village Family Service Center
- St. Joseph's School
- Northlands Rescue Mission
- F5 Project